Sunday 5 March 2017

I want Hiccups! Kdrama Review:Pinocchio

Related image
Before watching this drama, I thought the storyline would be something like the Disney movie ''pinocchio'' but It wasn't anything like that (Obviously). I know what you are thinking, No.I haven't read the plot summary because Lee jong suk was here, Without even thinking I wanted to watch this drama. This drama surely didn't disappoint me in any factor. Actually my response for this show is pretty positive.

PLOT: 7/10
CAST:9/10
ENJOYMENT:7/10
OVERALL:8/10


PLOT
As a child, Ha-Myeong (Lee Jong-Suk) grew up in a family with his firefighter father, mother and older brother. Ha-Myeong and his older brother (Yoon Gyun-Sang) both possess higher than normal intellect and are proud of their father. A fire at a waste facility though destroys his family. His mother dies a short time later and Ha-Myeong ends up being scooped out of the ocean by an unknown man (Byun Hee-Bong).
The unknown man is the grandfather of  In ha(Park shin hye). In ha's grandfather mistook Ha-myeong as Dal-po(In-ha's uncle who died 30 years ago) Ha-myeong started to live as dal po. Despite being same age, In-ha and Dal-po starts to live together as uncle and niece. In-ha has ''Pinocchio'' Syndromes which causes her to have hiccups when she lies.
Years later, They moves to Seoul where In ha and Dalpo tries to be reporters. In ha eventually becomes reporter even though she can't lie. Together Dal-po and In-ha fights for justice.

GOOD

The Plot may seem boring, Two great leads who fights for the truth. but for a fact, I can assure you the show wasn't lacking in anything. infact, It was rather interesting and heart-whelming plot to watch.

  • Pinochio Syndromes: I found the adding of pinocchio syndrome as ''attention-grabbing'' factor of the show. It's hard to find a female lead who always says the truth no matter what. Will you find a kdrama female lead who didn't lie, even for once. In-ha AKA Park shin hye was commendable in this drama. I loved loved loved Park shin hye in Pinocchio, I cannot imagine the show without her. It was freaking adorable alright? everytime she had hiccups while lying, I was like ''GOD! PLEASE I WANT PINOCCHIO''. 
Related imageImage result for pinocchio korean drama park shin hye hiccups
  • Lee Jong Suk: I started this drama for Lee jong suk, and stayed for Lee jong suk. You will witness lee jong suk with his magical long hair for 3 episodes. Unfortunately, he gets a new look after moving to Seoul. Still magical. Lee jong suk potrayed the character of Dal-po. Dal-po's character was enjoyable to watch. He was patient and mature. I loved how he wanted to keep distance from In-ha seeing that, she is her niece, but later on he was the one who fell for her.
Image result for pinocchio korean drama lee jong suk
Image result for pinocchio korean drama lee jong suk
  • Uncle-niece: Can I tell you, I loved this twist. Two leads were constantly fighting for not to fall for each other, They had a funny relationship throughout the series. Dalpo always teases In-ha calling her ''niece'' and treating her like a child even though they are exactly the same age. It was definitely not cringey, I am ensuring you, You will love it (if you haven't watched the show yet). and don't even get me started on chemistry! 10/10. adding to that, The first kiss between In-ha and Dal-po was just.......
Image result for pinocchio korean drama
Related image
♥♥♥

  • Characters: I am warning you if you haven't watch the show yet, you will fall in love with every character possible. I absolutely adored the fact that i was into every single one of them. This show isn't just about our main characters, other supporting characters had equal screen space. I am missing them soooooo much T.T
Image result for pinocchio korean drama funny moments

Everything else: Ugh! I hate the fact that i have so many good things to write about, but I can't. you know what, i will. here you go other stuff i absolutely pleased with...

  • Love triangle: I enjoyed it! for the first time i am happy with love triangle. Not because I didn't like the second lead or something. It was because the second lead was just a good friend of them.
  • The story of Beom jo. How he ended up with In-ha.
  • Beom jo and his mother's relationship
  • The twist and turns you will get the end
  • all the reporting cases. It was surprisingly enjoyable and funny. I had a great laugh while watching new reporters getting bullied from their seniors.hehe
  • The boss of Dal-po.
  • In-ha's dad. He is so funny! I enjoyed the way he hated Dal-po for two reason. 1. Dal-po was way younger than him, still he had to call dal-po ''Hyung''  2.He thinks Dal-po will marry In-ha(which is true)                                                     
  • My favourite scene: When the dad was imagining Dal-po and In-ha sharing bread. I died in that part. 
  • Dal-po  being genius but always acted like he never touched a book.
  • I liked how the story was wrapped up. Everyone had their own happy ending.
Related image

BAD

  • The drama was definitely long. Now if I look back and wanted to watch this drama again, I definitely think it would've been better if it was 16 episode long. After re watching the drama, at ep 12/13 I kept thinking how they still have story to tell? Surely it was long but definitely not boring. The show has it's plus point to keep us hooked in every episode.
  • I didn't like how Dal-po's brother took the path of killing everybody he knew was involved with the fire incident. I wanted to like his character but after seeing him killing people, I couldn't help but creeped out.


Image result for pinocchio korean drama funny moments
Image result for pinocchio korean drama funny moments
Image result for pinocchio korean drama funny moments
Related image
Image result for pinocchio korean drama funny moments
............................................................................................................................................................
Love,
Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment