Sunday 19 March 2017

Love story of a ghost!Kdrama review:Let's fight ghost/Bring it on,ghost!

Image result for lets fight ghost

This drama was surprisingly good. I never thought I would like a ghost drama this much. The teaser and summery seemed a little bit down for me, but as you start to watch the show, you start to realize that you actually are enjoying the show. It wasn't a really complicated horror drama. it was fun and a bit scary to watch. I am not saying ''scary'' as in jumpscares, the antagonist did a great job to creep me out. Overall, enjoyable to watch.
Plus Taecyeon's adorable smile is enough to keep you going♥ Dream high throwback!

PLOT: 6/10
CAST: 8/10
ENJOYMENT: 7/10
OVERALL: 7/10

PLOT

Park Bong-pal (Ok Taec-yeon) has grown up with ability to see ghosts and uses this ability to work as an exorcist, banishing ghosts, but only weak ones, in order to make enough money to take away his ability to see ghosts. Called to a haunted school he encounters Kim Hyun-ji (Kim So-hyun) a feisty middle high-school student who, because of a traffic accident, became a wandering spirit the day before her college entrance exams. The two accidentally kiss and Hyun-ji discovers that Bong-pal holds the secret as to why she is a spirit. In order to be freed from endlessly wandering the earth as a ghost and to ascend to the next life, Hyun-ji convinces Bong-pal to allow her to live with him and the two become ghost fighting partners.
Related image

Good

I have to say, I enjoyed reasonable a lot of things from the show. It was a unusual romance from any other dramas I've watched.
I developed a great tenderness for the characters in the show. Let's begin with our OTP.

  • Kim so hyun and Taecyeon: I absolutely adored taechyun in dream high. This show suits him in several ways, Taecyeon plays as a ghost hunter Park Bong Pal. Unlike kim so hyun's character he's very quite and lonely. He doesn't know how to express any feelings and that lead him to live a lonely outcast life. I am surprised that age difference didn't bother me at all. Usually the age difference is the main reason why i don't appreciate a drama, but here this wasn't a setback for me. I appreciate their adorableness♥ Unlike Park bong pal,  Hyun ji is a fun-loving ghost, who doesn't remember anything regarding to her life. I loved hyun ji more than anything, her little appreciation for everything was endearing. Top of that she's full of ayego but super strong at the same time. Also, they make a great ghost-fighter team. The ghosts-human relationship was cute and unusual.
  • The kissing scene in the beginning, I definitely didn't find it awkward or cringey, I am sure Director was trying to keep in mind the age gap. It was simple for an accidental kiss.
  • Spoiler-------------I enjoyed little things like, how Hyun ji gets so happy after Bong pal bought her a toothbrush. The way she was treasuring the brush was way too cute and heart warming---------------End spoiler
  • spoiler-------------- The time bong pal got beaten up by our female lead was weirdly amusing to me, I love when there's a strong female lead who can beat ass. ----------------end spoiler
Related image
Related image
Let's Fight Ghost Korean Drama - Taecyeon
Let's Fight Ghost Korean Drama - Taecyeon and Kim So Hyun


  • I found the ghost-stories highly enjoyable. Some stories were very emotional and serious, where other's were really funny. 
  • Spoiler**-------------- Especially, the story of son-mother who were killed by an abusive father was extremely touching and emotional. ----------------End spoiler
Image result for lets fight ghost bong pal

  • In Rang and Chun Sang: The duo was surprisingly funny and enjoyable to watch. You can watch them whole day doing silly things. There was some moments where I realized I started to adore this duo. I loved how these two were supporting the relationship of Hyun ji and Bong pal♥  It was heart touching to see how they adored Hyun ji and bong pal. Although I never understood the point of taking them in the Ghost-beating team , cause there wasn't a single fight where these two helped our OTP. They were just scary cats who had the courage to go near the ghosts. anyways, had a great laugh while watching them♥  over-the-top reactions are always my favourites.
Let's Fight Ghost Korean Drama - Lee David and Kang Ki Young
Image result for lets fight ghost the duo
  • Hye sung: Even though i was disgusted by this particular character that it nearly made me stop watching the show, I will put this under the ''Goods'' as it did a job that it wanted. Hye sung's creepy nature did a great job convincing me to loathe against it. ugh. It nearly made me cry and disgusted when he was taking life from a cute kitten. and numerous number of people that he murdered. 
Let's Fight Ghost Korean Drama - Kwon Yool

Bad


·      Huge spoilers--------Show became kind of boring when it was revealed that Hyun ji is alive, after she got her life back she apperantly forgot the time she spent with bong pal. poor boy. Why does it has to happen? More than ghost busting, there were just boring track of how bong pal will regain her love for him. She eventually fell in love with him again, but not satisfied at all with the fact that she will never remember the amazing moments when she was with Bong pal. ------------------End spoiler 

Image result for lets fight ghost the duo
..................................................................................................................................
overall grading : B-
..................................................................................................................................
Love,
Cherry


..














No comments:

Post a Comment