Sunday 26 February 2017

Best Drama? Kdrama Review:She was pretty!


Most cutest story-line ever.
I enjoyed this drama from the beginning, From the point it started and to the point it ended. Everything was pure,warm and cozy.This show didn't fail to make me love kdramas even more.
Definitely recommended if you are looking for a light-hearted rom-com with some great acting skills, and warm OST. This drama is one of very favourite, which I can re-watch anytime without getting worried and enjoy it.
Satisfying, Warm. Simple.

PLOT: solid 8/10
CAST: 9/10
ENJOYMENT: 10/10
OVERALL: 10/10


PLOT
Kim Hye-jin was a very pretty girl from a rich family. After her family's publishing company went bankrupt, she experienced hardships then lost her beauty too. Ji Sung-joon was an unattractive boy with low self-esteem, but grows up as a handsome and successful editor.
The two decided to meet again as adults, but Sung-joon was unable to recognize Hye-jin. Ashamed to meet her first love and ruin his perception of her, Hye-jin asks her attractive best friend, Ha-ri, to appear in her place. Things, however, soon get complicated as Hye-jin was assigned to work at The Most magazine publishing office where Sung-joon is the deputy chief editor. He openly mistreats and belittles her for her clumsy nature, not knowing that she was his real childhood friend. Ha-ri also continues to meet Sung-joon, and soon develops feelings for him. On the other hand, Hye-jin finds a good friend in her workplace, Shin-hyuk, who slowly falls in love with her.

GOOD
This drama was full of goods. I am pretty satisfied with the show in case you still haven't figured it out. 
The show didn't fail to make it's plot interesting in every episode. I found something new and funny in each episode. 
One thing I genuinely loved how the show had this thing with ''supporting characters''. It delivered a warm message that ''life as a supporting character isn't bad, in fact in life, supporting characters has more greater stories''. Even better, the show started of with this concept and kept going with it until the end of this drama. Its was filled with lots of positivity which I truly adored.
  • Characters: Characters in ''She was pretty'' was all relatable and sweet. There wasn't any great conflict going on from the start to end, yet it delivered everything perfectly and smoothly. I don't have any complains for the characters as every single one of them was very refreshing. . I loved and cared about each character even the minor ones and I cannot say that about many dramas lately.If you ask me, My favourite character will be Shin hyuk(si won) I am surprisingly impressed with Si won. He was just perfect for this role, He was amazingly hilarious. Everytime he called Hye jin ''jackson'', everytime he was there as a friend for hye jin to share their sorrow, it just felt great and lovable. I never felt bad for him for the fact that he didn't get the girl, that's because for me as a viewer,I always looked at him as Hye-jin's awesome friend who's always there for her when she needs someone to have a drink and talk. (thank god, I didn't had second lead syndrome) I started this drama for Park seo joon's handsome face but ended up staying for Hye-jin and Si won.
 Image result for she was pretty park seo joon
Image result for she was pretty hye jin

  • Can I say that I lived for Si won's flawless and cheesy facial expressions. His quirky facial reaction is in one side and the rest of the show is in another. Even though he was a funny character, the director didn't forget to add si-won's magnificent abs in episode 11 or 12!
Image result for she was pretty siwon
Image result for she was pretty siwon abs

  • I loved how much Hye jin loves Ha ri. Ha-ri annoyed me most of the time of the show. For example, the writer stretched her confession scene way too much. Everytime she wanted to confess about her ''sin'' shall I say? She just couldn't say anything for some reason. but yet, when Hye jin found out, she didn't get mad at all, but she kept giving her space until her best friend was completely fine. I enjoyed the fact that despite being a rich and beautiful woman, she never left Hye-jin. 
Image result for she was pretty character

  • Loved and appreciate every single endearing scenes between our main couple, Hye'jin and hari's friendship and Siwon and hye jin scenes. OVERALL, LOVED THE SHOW. It was a simple story but a definitely the show which I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it completely.
  • The ending. Ah. such a heart warming ending. Many of you can say the ending was predictable, well, predictable in a good way. I am glad that it was a simple ending without any great complications. I was so nervous about the last episode thinking that something could go wrong with the characters and may end up breaking my lovely expectation which wasn't the case. Omg!! The father-daughter moment at the end just melt my heart!!! ahhhhhh!! can't get over it!! 
  • Most important thing is every character had their small little happy endings.


BAD

There was nothing horrible.

Park seo joon's character was very mean at the beginning without any reasons.I never understood why he was so mean with our Hye-jin. It wasn't pleasing to watch if the main lead just releases his anger on our female lead without any proper reason.
I only started to like Seo joon from the midway of the show, as it started to feel more natural and believable. It was like the magic of love completely changed him out of a sudden lol. The amount of cute scene we get to watch from them was remarkable. so, I better not complain anymore.
Image result for park seo joon she was pretty
Image result for park seo joon she was pretty
I absolutely didn't wanted Hye jin to become pretty again with makeup and cover up her cute freckles. I thought show's main attention was a girl can be pretty without looking like a god-damn model.
She can be beautiful with her inner-self . But again I am glad Hye-jin wasn't forced to wear makeup, She decided herself to start looking pretty, she did it for herself. Which is more important than anything coz There are so many girls out there who wears makeup for themselves ,not to impress anybody.

Image result for she was pretty hye jin
................................................................................................................................................................

Love,
Cherry


No comments:

Post a Comment